Migraines: What You Might Not Know-Migraines Los Angeles
Worldwide, tens of millions of people suffer from headaches and migraines. Despite the prevalence of the condition, however, many do not know some important facts about migraines. Here are a few things that you may find surprising.
- Migraines have been linked to an increase in suicide risk. While classic migraines are a combination of head pain, aura, light and sound sensitivity, nausea, and several other possible conditions, the increased risk of suicide attempt is a less known effect.
- Medication used to treat migraines can often cause them. One side effect of regular use of most painkillers is a headache that comes from medication overuse. Thus, the product designed to “treat” the problem actually perpetuates it.
- Individuals who suffer from chronic migraines have a higher risk of cardiac-related health conditions such as stroke.
Migraines can have an adverse effect on just about every aspect of a person’s life. With medications perpetuating the cycle, where can a person turn for help?
Alternative Migraine Treatment
For an alternative treatment without side effects, you need to seek the help of an upper cervical chiropractor. At the Upper Cervical Health Center in Carson, California, we use the Blair technique to realign the C1 and C2 vertebrae. Many of our patients find that, as a result, they get long-lasting relief from migraines.
The C1 and C2 vertebrae protect the brainstem. This region of the body is vital for proper central nervous system function. Migraines are not the only chronic condition that can be treated with upper cervical chiropractic care. Contact us today to learn more about this very specific form of chiropractic and how it can benefit you.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Hall call 310-324-6172 for our Carson or call 213-399-7772 for our Los Angeles office. You can also click the link here: www.uppercervicalcare.schedapple.com .
[contact-form [email protected]’ subject=’Response to post concsussion Article’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]
- Time Inc. Network. 7 surprising things you don’t know about migraines. [homepage on the Internet]. 2013 [cited 2015 Apr 3]. Available from: http://news.health.com/2013/06/27/surprising-about-migraines2.
- Eross EJ. Chronic migraine and medication-overuse headache. Neurology [serial on the Internet]. 2006(66) Available from: http://www.neurology.org/content/66/12/E43.full.pdf+html